A professional home inspection gives you an independent, objective view of potential problems and their solutions, so you may make an informed decision. There is no pass/fail for a home inspection.
What to Expect
A home inspection provides a valuable learning experience, and a time when your questions regarding your home may be answered. A thorough home inspection can take up to four hours, depending on the size of the home and the condition of the home. We encourage you to join us during the home inspection, so that you may gain insight into the maintenance and systems unique to your home. A thorough home inspection will include the following:
- Roof: Shingles, flashings, chimneys, vents, trim and gutters, drip edges, skylights, downspouts, and other visible, accessible roof related items
- Exterior: Siding materials, attachments, windows, door, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways and other visible exterior related components
- Attics: Insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, wiring attachments, and other visible, accessible attic related items
- Plumbing and Fixtures: Water pressure and flow, water distribution system, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath/showers and toilets, sanitary system, and other plumbing system components
- Heating and Cooling: Furnace, air cleaning parts, ductwork, air conditioner and lines, and other visible related HVAC components
- Electrical System: Service entry and clearances, service panel, switches and outlets, visible wiring and junction boxes, grounding system and other related electrical components
- Interior: Floors and ceilings, walls, stairs (if applicable) and banisters, cabinets, shelving, built-in appliances, safety-related items and other visible, interior-related components
- Basement, Crawl Spaces, Foundation: Insulation, ventilation, posts, vapor barriers, utility attachment, structural items, floors and walls, and columns
- Fireplaces: Overall structure
- Decks and Porches: Environmental issues
Pricing is competitive and depends on the size of the home, time required to complete the inspection and complexity of the home inspection. Home inspection can be performed on:
Single Family Residence
Condominiums and Apartments
Please call, text or email Abbeytown Home Inspection to receive an estimate. Please provide as much detail regarding your inspection needs.
We look forward to being your home inspectors!